Monday, March 9, 2009

Was That Out Loud??

3 Things Happened to Me This Weekend That I'm Embarrassed to Admit:

1.) I cried over the finale of Tool Academy on VH1. I know, I should be banned from reality TV forever.

2.) I think Daylight Savings Time affected me more last night than my children. I tossed and turned all night long and couldn't sleep. I also played musical beds with Aiden. When he came in our bed, I went to his, then he followed me back in later, then I went back to my bed. Needless to say we all almost overslept this morning but speedy Drew woke up at 7:30 and got completely ready for the bus by 7:45. I only woke when I heard him go into his bathroom to brush his teeth. I did have to drive Noah though, he wouldn't know speedy if it hit him in the face.

3.)Friday night, the males in my family all went out to my dad's cabin for a campout. The boys spent the evening there and then I picked them up at bedtime. I waited all week long for this precious time to myself and had it all planned out. I loved every minute of it and honestly, it went too fast. The confession??? It was a little too quiet and a little lonely with them gone. Was that out loud?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

as to the long-awaited QUIET evening...it makes you appreciate the noise all the more. You always need a few minutes of alone time to recharge your battery.

Kat said...

No matter how much you look forward to the quiet time you still start to miss the boys. I know the feeling. ;)

Beth said...

You shouldn't have admitted #1 outloud:)

Can I have some of that quiet time?? J/K I know how you feel about planning it all out & then missing that noise & chaos.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

I watched Tool Academy too, Kel.

Tracey said...

Time ALONE??? I hope you weren't so lonely that you couldn't enjoy it! :)

Amy said...

Tool Academy...no you di'nt!!!...you are too cute!..happens to all of us it's just the way we're programmed!

dianna said...

What the h*ll IS Tool Academy?!? Should I be worried?

About #3...turn on the radio for the love of Pete!!!