Thursday, March 26, 2009

Gettin' My Craft On...Part 1

I've been a busy girl lately making fun things for our house and for gifts. I'm pretty pleased with most of the results, some make me as giddy as a school girl! I just had to share a few recents ones that I am so excited about. Part 2 will be tomorrow.....some of those will include craftiness from my kiddos, they really amaze me sometimes!


This is hanging on my plate rack in my dining room. I've been seeing so many cool vinyl things on the internet and some on tiles but couldn't find exactly what I wanted and prices I was wanting to pay to just try something out. So I tried this little thrifty trick.....and it is awesome. It's basically a ceramic tile from Home Depot and rub-ons from Hobby Lobby (1/2 off of course). How easy is that?? I'm making quite a few for gifts so let's just pretend I've slaved for days over these ok?? wink wink

This was my procrastination project. Last summer when we went to visit Dianna and family in FL, we collected a lot of beautiful shells and sand from the beach. I was planning on making some sort of momento with it but wasn't sure of what. One day I saw these glass blocks at hobby lobby, inspiration struck, and this was born. The photo is of Drew and Todd walking along the beach. It was one of my favorite pictures and I wanted to do something with it so I thought this was perfect. There is a quote on the picture that I "borrowed" from Amy. (thanks girl) It is from a Jody Picoult book............ "A photo says, you were happy and I wanted to catch that. A photo says, you were so important to me that I put down everything to come watch." Throw on some stickers and rub ons.....piece of cake. It's just a beautiful reminder of all the fun and beauty of the beach and the memories we made there.




I FINALLY got around to matting some pictures of the boys to hang on my stairwell to the basement. I used the photos that my SIL took and just matted them with some scrapbook paper and added a touch of embellishment. I wanted to keep it simple and elegant but at the same time add some color. Our basement is all done in shades of gray and white so I use a lot of blues and greens as accent colors. Our stairwell is in dire need of some color, decoration, something!!! I've got more plans to spruce this area up too. More to come on that.....

I lined up the frames side by side on my ottoman for pictures so they aren't the greatest. I think you can even still see my socks in some of them!

Arrgh, I keep trying to post the picture of them hanging on the stairwell but the picture keeps uploading sideways even though it isn't that way on my computer. I give up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Girl...love the Klauser tile...hint hint wink wink.

The glass block with the sand/shells and picture is pretty cool too.

Can't wait to see what else you got going on in the Craft House.

Controlling My Chaos said...

I love the clear block. That is the cutest. Your pictures look great too.

Zoe said...

you freakin rock girl!

Beth said...

These look awesome.

I want some craft time. Wah!

Seriously, they look great! I love the photos for the stairs and can't wait to see them up!

Amy said...

YOU KILL ME! I've been waiting for you to show stuff you've made for LIKE EVA!! I LOVE THAT BLOCK..and I SOOO might have to steal that idea...and the tile...awesomeness..and the framed pics of the boys..Wow Kel..talk about hiding your light under a bushel...oh and cute socks by the way!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Everything is so pretty -- that glass block is AMAZING. I love that!