Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Tri-Jesus Triathlon and Barack Obama

To say today was exciting is an understatement! It started off with Noah losing tooth #2. Then we headed off to Wavering Park for the Tri-Jesus Triathlon. Todd has done this for a number of years now and last year was Drew's 1st year. This year Noah decided to give it a go also and worked really hard for it. Todd ended up beating his time from last year by about 5 1/2 minutes which is a great improvement! Drew got 3rd place in his age group and Noah got 7th place in his age group. I was so very excited and proud of them. They both had such a great sense of accomplishment from this and are so proud of their medals. Drew also received a plaque for being in the top 3. Noah was so cute when he said "This is the biggest day of my life!"


This is after they finished their races. My 3 cute tri-athletes!

This is a lot of the Quincy MultiSport Club members. Todd and the boys are in there but it's hard to see everyone in the shade.

Todd nearing the finish line!

I love this picture because it just worked out perfectly that Noah was just starting his swim and Drew was finishing up. Noah is at the top of the pic and Drew at the bottom.

Drew finishing up on his bike, getting ready for his run.

There is Noah starting his run. See those kids at the bottom of the hill?? Noah passes them up! Just call him Speedy.

This is Noah running towards the end. I think he just looks so darn cute here.

This was the fan club. Thanks Grandpa Ken, Uncle Scott, Aunt Beth, Blake,Ty and Ellie for coming to cheer them on. The boys are all busy chowing down on pretzels as we wait for the boys to come by.

Miss Ellie kept smiling at me so I had to take a picture. Don't I have the cutest niece?

Drew crossing the finish line. Go Drew!!

Noah crossing the finish line. So proud of you buddy!

Drew and Aiden holding up the signs

So I've blogged about the flood recently. Today Drew and I along with two of my friends, Johnna and Leslie, went down to the Oakley Lindsey Center to help with sandbagging. We worked for 2 1/2 hours and let me tell you...that's a workout. I'm already feeling it!! But the exciting part was getting to meet Barack Obama. We got to shake his hands and talk to him. What awe-inspiring wisdom did I pass on to him? "Thanks for coming". Sorry, that's the best I could come up with. I was so shocked that he came over to us, I didn't know what to do. I attempted to get a picture of him as he shook Drew's hand but it's still on my phone. I mostly just got his arm anyway because as I was taking it, he was reaching up to me!!

Here he is shortly after he arrived. I have to say, he is a nice looking man! (Is that politically correct??)
Here he is shaking my friend Johnna's hand. I think she was probably about wetting her pants right there. She is a HUGE Obama supporter and has a bit of a crush on him as well. Drew and I were right on the other side of her. Needless to say, it was a great day all around.

10 comments:

OHmommy said...

They even made signs?

How cute? So cute!!! Love your pictures.

dianna said...

Great job Klauser boys~WOO HOO*!*

What a day :)

Beth said...

Another congrats to the triathalon dudes:)
We saw Drew on WGEM a lot while they were waiting for Obama to show up. We recorded it so we'll show it sometime you're out here. We didn't catch you guys shaking his hands but like I said Drew is on TV quite a bit during the waiting game;)

Stimey said...

I kinda wish I was you today. Sounds great!

Kellan said...

That was such a wonderful day - how fun! And ... I can not believe that you got to shake the hand of the next President of the United States - how cool is that - WOW!!!

Have a good day - Happy Father's Day to your hubby! Kellan

Anonymous said...

OMG...what an awsome day all around. Who'd have imagined you'd get to actually speak with him. If he is elected Drew will never forget touching a President. (Beth, I'd love to see the news segment too)

Way to Go Klauser Men on your successful Triathlon. What an accomplishment. It is great that you do things WITH your boys that show them your feelings on exercise and community involvment.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Klauser boys....you all did super! Sorry I missed all the fun. And great pics of history in the making-to talk and be with a presidential candidate(and maybe President)-I am sure Beth still remembers President Clinton's visit here.

Kat said...

How cute are the boys following in daddy's footsteps? That is just adorable!!!

CFC Flames '04 said...

Congratulations Todd, Drew and Noah! Very impressive!!!

And - WOW about Obama! How cool. What a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

I told the story at work about you asking Noah if he wants to see Obama, and he said. what is it a movie?
And Aiden said I want to see omama.

I love that story