Sunday, June 8, 2008

One Wild Saturday Night

We headed out to the St Francis Parish Picnic last night. It's a yearly tradition and we always meet up with both sides of the family as well as some friends. It was a perfect summer night and the boys were so excited to go. We started off with the bounce house.

Noah is jumping away.

Aiden is bouncing off some energy.

There's Noah and Aiden........see Aiden trying to escape up the wall in the background?? Drew decided he was too old to go around Kiddie Land playing games with us but I was a little nervous about his walking by himself. So I let him go as long as he stayed in that area so I could keep an eye on him. Mostly I kept an eye on him while we walked around with the others. For awhile I followed him around but he would catch me getting too close and turn around to me saying "Mom! What are you doing?? I thought I could walk by myself" Sheesh, why does he have to grow up so quick. So no pictures of Drew. The crowd was huge so I feel like I spent most of my night standing in line after line and didn't get to do much socializing. The cotton candy line about did me in. I won't get into the whole story but let me just say that after a half an hour wait, me and another mom got a little snippy since people behind us were getting theirs. The interesting part of the night......Drew won 2 cans of soda at one of the games and I was trying to juggle them around all night along with other things. I accidentally dropped one and it exploded all over me and about 10 other people. There's nothing like soda and humidity to make you feel sticky. It was not one of my best moments. But it gets better. We get home around 10:00 and want to hurry and get the kids in bed since it's so late. Todd is getting the other soda can out of his pocket and drops it and it freakin' explodes all over our living room. It looked like a soda massacre. A picture wouldn't have done it justice or else I would have taken one. Soda on the carpet, couches, tv and entertainment center, the walls, the vertical blinds, the clean laundry still in the basket, and on our family of 5. What a crappy ass mess to clean up at that time of night but Todd and I agreed it was pretty darn funny. And hey, we have a clean, shampooed living room now. Never mind that we just shampooed it a week ago! Oh, and did I mention that something happened with our toilet in the bathroom earlier in the day and water leaked all over our basement? We had already run the shampooer over the carpet about 5 times sucking up the water. The fun never ends here people!

I also scored me some good bling last night. Don't you love all the beautiful jewelry Noah won for me?? He was so sweet how he presented each piece to me as he won it. The green smiling hand is for me because it's my favorite color, that orange/yellow bracelet he said matches my hair (??really??), some I had to close my eyes and he slipped them on. That kid will be quite the romantic as he gets older.

Noah wasn't the only one with jewels. When I went to check on him before I went to bed, I noticed he had fallen asleep with his crown on. Good Night King Noah.

8 comments:

dianna said...

What a fun day...complete with exploding soda (did you learn that from Gail?).
Laughing about cr*p like that is so much better than getting upset...after all, you can't undo them*!*

Kellan said...

Cute pictures and what a fun day - except for the humidity, long lines and the sodas exploding - sorry about all that!!

Take care and I'll see you this week - Kellan

CFC Flames '04 said...

What fun - really, I mean it. You guys always seem to have such wonderful times. You have a great family. Keep having fun and enjoying life together. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you can laugh about it too, though I wonder if it is truly laughter or near hysteria...either way you handled it well. I love the story about the day andthe photo of King Noah crashed out is the true exclamation mark on the day!

You tell that Drew-o-mine to knock it off..he is NOT allowed to grow up anymore...I can't believe he is at the "walking around parish picnic by myself" age already. Crazy

Anonymous said...

A lesson learned-soda isnt just bad for your teeth and body! I would stick with bottled water next year....glad the boys had a great time-Noah's picture says it all......

Melissa said...

oh what a fun looking day! Even tih the soda!

Kat said...

And that is what summer is all about. What precious memories. Well, except for the soda explosions. Oops. ;)

Abbie said...

hahahah OH DEAR. The whole soda exploding-TWICE-sounds like something I swear I would only be lucky enough to endure. So glad the day was fun even with those few mishaps!