Friday, June 27, 2008

I Know How To Pick Em'

So my first cat, Holly, was a beautiful solid white cat and had the best personality. His only downfall (other than the fact that he had a feminine name and turned out to be a male) was that he had bladder issues. He would get frequent bladder infections and get sediment built up in his bladder which caused some bloody uriney accidents. (Is uriney a word??) Then, go figure, right before his 11the birthday, he dies of liver failure. Ya would have thought it would have been kidney failure, right?

So it took 2 years to mend my broken heart. 2 years to the day that Holly died, I adopted Grayson. He is a beautiful gray cat and is fun loving and sweet. He brings us a lot of laughter and cuddles. Unfortunately we find out he has an Inflammatory Bowel and will be on an special diet his whole life (read: expensive). He also contracted Giardia which was a nightmare but seems to be cleared up. They think it was stress from his de-clawing surgery. So we think life is getting back to normal. Then Grayson starts losing literally chunks of fur off of his body. First it's a chunk by his ear. Then we notice the entire underside of his neck is bald. He has a check up tomorrow to see what's going on. I've heard of this one other time and it was attributed to stress. If that's the case, he can share my Lexapro with me. I don't want a half bald, stressed out, poop shootin' cat.

Yep, I know how to pick my pets. I'm head over heels in love with him though, even though he's costing me a crapload of money. (no pun intended)

1 comment:

dianna said...

Holy cr*p Kel...I mean holy cow...or whatever.
Poor Grayson...I wonder if it has anything to do with living along side a toddler? Hmmmm.....