Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day

Father's Day was an absolutely awesome day. The 5 of us spent the morning hanging out at home together. Then on the way to Uncle Leroy's pool party, we stopped off at my Uncle Joe's house (MY godfather) so I could see him. The pool party was a lot of fun. He has a nice in ground pool with a diving board and water slide. All 3 boys had a blast swimming and playing with all of their Klauser cousins (and there are plenty!). Here are a few pictures from there.


Grandpa Ken with his 3 grandkids
Aiden with his Godfather, Uncle Scott. Is that a good juice box Scott?
Next we headed out to my Dad's Cabin for a cookout with our family, Beth's family, and Todd's family. The weather was absolutely perfect, the rain never showed! Many memories are made out at the cabin and this was a good day for them. The kids took Gator rides, swam in the lake, went bug catching, ate good food, and had a lot of fun.
Noah with his Godfather, Uncle Matt. For some reason Noah wanted the beef jerky in the photo too.

Todd with his Goddaughter, Ellie.
Me with my Dad and brothers, Nate and Matt. Yep, we're sitting in the Gator for the photo. Classy, huh?? :)

This was the best I could capture of Todd and the boys. Everyone was having too much fun to sit still too long for pictures! Grandpa John with all of his grandkids. Getting a group shot with 6 kids is never easy!!!
Todd and his boys swimming in the lake!

This is what it looks like when you throw a Grandpa, 2 Dads, and 5 boys in the lake.....fun and chaos! Noah perfectly summed up how we all felt on the way home that night. Exhausted!!! We even unloaded the van when we got home and he didn't wake up. It was a fun day!

I had really wanted a picture of just me and my dad on Father's Day and didn't get around to it. I did find this picture the other day of me and my dad on Father's Day 1977 and I made it into a Father's Day card for him! Love you , dad!!!

And Todd, I love you for the amazing father you are to our 3 amazing boys as well as the incredible husband you are to me. I'm so lucky to have you!!

7 comments:

CFC Flames '04 said...

Ok, can I be part of your family? You guys seem so close and have such wonderful times.
Great pictures too - they really captured the fun. :)

Kat said...

Wow! It looks like a wonderful day. Great pictures! I love the one in the car. hehe

dianna said...

Good Lord Kel, could you make me miss you guys ANY more?
Looks like a fabulous day...I just love your family*!*

Love that pic with you and your Dad...what exactly were your hands doing there Kel?
:)

Kellan said...

What a nice post and great pictures! It sounds/looks like you all had a fabulous time with your family - I'm so glad!

Have a good evening - Kellan

Kellan said...

Hi Kelly - thanks for coming by tonight and leaving the sweet and supportive comment. You are are great friend and I am lucky to have found you in this big blog world. Take care - Kellan

Anonymous said...

It was a great day at the cabin-I think your dad needed the break from work and the house. I am glad we got some pics too-sometimes time flies by too fast and off we go home with no snaps.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TODD....Not many do it better than you do!

(I can't believe how skinny your dad was back then Kelly--great pictures)