Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yesterday

Aiden's surgery went great. We got there at 6am and filled out paperwork and did preliminary stuff. Mostly Aiden and I cuddled in the hospital bed. About 15 minutes before they took him back, they gave him Persed (sp?) and Tylenol. You could definitely tell when it kicked in, he was so funny. Now, you may think it's mean of me to laugh at my child on drugs but he was really quite entertaining, especially once he was taken back to the holding area. Todd and I got to go back there with him untill they took him back. He was a hoot---they had put one of those surgical caps on him that resembles a bag of Jiffy pop and he wore a big goofy grin. One of the nurses came over and introduced herself to us and said she's be with him the whole time he's in surgery. When she walked away, Aiden, wearing his big goofy grin, waves his hand and says "Hey, hey wait for me!" A little while later out of the blue he says "Trick or Treat!". When he'd try to sit up, he'd fall over to the side. He was just too cute and the comedic relief was needed. They took him back and we headed to the waiting room. About 15 minutes later, the nurse called to say they had started and then 30 minutes after that, she called to say they were done!! The Dr. came to talk to us, told us it all went well and we could see him in a half an hour. About 10 minutes later, we were told to head back to the room to see him. It didn't take much to figure out why we were seeing him sooner than we thought. He did NOT come out of anesthesia well, we could hear him screaming down the hall. He was thrashing around like a wild man. We got him in bed and he screamed and thrashed for about 45 minutes. When his eye did open, they had a glazed wild look in them like a druggie going through withdrawal or something, it was creepy. He was even trying to rip his IV out of his hand so they finally took it out. Poor kiddo, once we finally got him calmed down, he cuddled with me and slept a bit. We left the hospital around 10am to head home. Aiden and I went to sleep and slept until 1pm when he woke him up. He was like a new man and was acting like himself again, as if he'd never had surgery. It was amazing the difference in him. By the end of the night, he was getting a little sore, so we used the ice pack the Dr. gave us and some Tylenol. He slept great during the night and came in with us around 5am and said he was sore. I let him sleep with us and he slept until about 7am. He's sore this morning but not too bad. I gave him Tylenol and we are taking it easy, watching some movies and cuddling. He's doing great and I'm glad that's behind us. That was the wierdest thing, that hernia just came out of nowhere, he wasn't even doing anything when it happened, poor kid.

8 comments:

dianna said...

So glad to hear that he's doing well~I know you're glad it's over.
Tell your family to cut it out for a while ok...;)

Now we can look forward to CHICAGO*!*!*!*

Shasta said...

I read your post about him going in to the hospital yesterday and I can't imagine how nervous you were about it, I'm glad for such a good update and I hope he's not in too much pain and heals fast!

Kat said...

So glad it all went so well and that he is coping so nicely. I hope he gets a lot of rest time and recovers quickly. :)

Shasta said...

I'm glad to hear that he is doing well today!

That is really funny about the pink thing because I was the same way, never a fan of pink, and happy with my three, full of blue, boys! I took more of a liking to pink after I started selling Mary Kay too, I actually started wearing pink makeup and pink clothes! haha That's really neat.

Anonymous said...

so glad it's over!!!

(p.s...Pink is Corey's fave color)

just sayin..

4funboys said...

gosh... I'd be a complete wreck.

hope he's well soon.

Anonymous said...

Happy that everthing went well. Nice seeing you all last night and he looked almost back to normal. Kids bounce back so quickly.

Sandra Carvalho said...

What a relief to know that he's ok now!...
Poor kiddo!...
Hope he recovers as soon as possible! ;)
*muack*!
xoxoxoxo