Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Another year has come and gone. I think 2007 may have been one of the fastest passing years yet. I don't get how that happens but somehow time is passing at warped speed. I look back and wonder if I made the most of that time or did I just let it pass me by?? If you look at my busy calendar, you'd say I made the most of it but most of that revolves around Todd and the boys. I know I didn't do enough for me. I've been fortunate to do a lot of fun things this past year. I'm talking about things to help me physically and mentally. Oh, I've been baby stepping my way through some life changes and am hoping to get to a place that I am happy with. I think 2008 has to be about finding a happy me. I haven't seen her for awhile. It's not that I'm miserable either, I just spend so much of my life focusing on how to make everyone else happy that I honestly don't know what makes me truly happy and content. In fact, I'm a stranger to myself sometimes. How does that happen?? I think it's all too easy to get so involved as a wife and mother that sometimes you forget how to just be yourself. Not only do I want to figure myself out, I want to be happy with that person. I told myself I wasn't making new year's resolutions but I know I am going to keep taking my baby steps to get myself to a better place, and not only just me but my house-that's a big goal too.
Most importantly, I hope and pray for a happy, healthy 2008 for all of my family and friends. Because THAT is what is most important in this world and I am so thankful for the friends and family I have. I know we won't all be around forever so we need to make the most of the time we DO have here together and create some wonderful memories.
HAPPY 2008!

3 comments:

dianna said...

Kel,
I heard you loud and clear girl...
Watch the mail~I have a surprise coming...it will help you on your journry...on OUR journey*!* I'm SOOOO excited for you to get it-I'm mailing them tomorrow...REALLY!

Jill and Todd said...

Hi Kelly, I can totally relate and you put into words what I think I go through about every 6 months... all my highs and all my lows. Thinking about you and your family. Take care, your cuz from California.

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

Wait until you get my age. It's true what they say--the reason time goes faster when you're over the hill is that it's all downhill. Aunt Jer, zooming by