Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Breakthrough!

Aiden made the "N" sound tonight. I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it. What's the big deal, you ask? It's one sound he's worked on over and over in speech therapy and he couldn't get it, especially at the beginning of words. He said "oah" instead of 'Noah.' He said "mo" for 'no' and 'know'. Tonight he asked to watch Toy Story and I said he had to ask Noah since they were going to watch something together. He walked right in the living room and said "Noah, we watch this?" I thought I heard wrong, so I went to him and had him repeat Noah's name over and over. Sure enough, he said it correctly each time. I can't wait to tell his speech therapist on Monday. Noah was so excited too, it was cute. Way to go Aiden!

2 comments:

dianna said...

Go Aiden!
Go Aiden!
XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is great progress. I can hear a difference in his speech patterns every time we see him. Way to go Aiden...now let's hope he WANTS to show off for the therapist.