Sunday, September 9, 2007


I wasn't ready for this at all but apparently Todd and Aiden decided they were. Aiden "helped" daddy put his big boy bed together today and we went out and bought his mattress. I wasn't ready for 2 reasons. 1.--a big boy bed means putting the crib away and it means one more step on the way to big boyhood. The potty training alone caught me way off guard, now the bed too?? He's supposed to be my baby right?? 2.--the crib is so easy! We read a couple of books, sing our special songs together and then I lay him down. He plays with his Barney and Elmo and goes to sleep. When he wakes up, he just calls my name. You know what a bed means.....they can get out!! I've been through it twice already and I'm not ready to go there again. The "let's see how many times I can climb out of bed before mommy wants to rip her hair out and bang her head on the wall" game. I can't tell you how many times we put Drew and Noah to bed only to have the crap scared out of us awhile later when we found them standing silently in the hall. And they also discovered they can get up during the night and come in our bed. Aiden has been my good sleeper all along, this could ruin it. But I will do my best to stay positive. He's surprised me in many ways, both good and bad, so he may surprise me here. Tomorrow night will probably be his first night in his new bed. We'll see what happens.Before you watch the video below........if you are prone to motion sickness, you may need Dramamine before you watch this. Noah was the filmaker! 'Nough said!

Speaking of Todd, (well, I guess I wasn't but I needed a good segway) he was quoted in the paper today. A writer from the Herald Whig called him to interview about the Midwest Monster Adventure race he's doing this Saturday. Here's the link to the article. His friend Tom is going to died when he reads it. You'll know why when you read it. It's good. Drew and Noah were even mentioned.

Had a great weekend. I went to an overnight scrap event with some friends. There were 14 girls there but I didn't know everyone. But all the girls were so nice and we had so much fun. I didn't get to bed until almost 3 am and woke up about 6:30. (what's wrong with me!?) but amazingly I didn't feel tired. We scrapped all day too and then we went to the Blessed Sacrament picnic last night. Johnna and Mark worked the beer tent from 7:00 on so we had Ben and Ella till they got done. It gave me a taste of what it would be like to have 5 kids. Keeping track of that many kids in a public place is tricky. Luckily everyone behaved well though. We put them to bed at our house until they were done working and they came to get them. It was a fun evening. I think the kids enjoyed themselves.

1 comment:

Aunt Cindy said...

Big Boy, that is Big News. I hope it goes well for you, and you have reasonable concerns about the transition. I will tell you "my baby" transitioned the best, so maybe you will get lucky with this too. However, your real concern, that your 'baby' is growing up....well that is something that just doesn't seem to stop no matter how much we'd like it to.