Monday, June 15, 2009

Tri-Jesus Triathlon

Saturday was the annual Tri-Jesus Triathlon. This would have been Todd's 4th year, Drew's 3rd, and Noah's 2nd. Unfortunately Todd wasn't able to finish it this year. For the blog readers that don't know, he hurt his back a couple of weeks ago and is still having troubles. He wasn't going to race and then decided at the last minute to try it. He managed to make it through the swim and bike but by the time it came for him to run, he was in too much pain to do it. I felt so bad for him. I know he's getting frustrated with the pain and it's keeping him from doing the things he loves. He's getting an MRI soon so hopefully we can see what's going on, if anything.

But the good news is, Drew and Noah did an awesome job in the kids race! I was a proud momma and took a ton of pictures. Bear with me.

Drew during the swim portion. He blew his swim time out of the water over last years time. (sorry for the bad pun)
Drew biking up the huge hill on the last leg of the course.

Drew crossing the finish line.....way earlier than I expected. You were a superstar Drew!!

Noah starting out on the swim. This was the first triathlon he has done without a flotation device so I was very proud of him. He got so tired but he never gave up. Great job babe! Look at that grin on his face. He was so excited.
For the second year in a row, I was able to get a picture of Drew and Noah swimming together. Noah was on his way out as Drew was on his way back.
Daddy helping Noah in the transition area. He had just finished swimming and he was getting ready to hop on his bike.
That hill was too big for Noah, he pushed his bike up the last part. It's ok buddy!
Aiden and Trevor sitting on the curb watching for their big brothers. They were so cute together.
Noah running towards the finish line. You're almost there!

Look at that smile of accomplishment. You did it Noah!

My little tri-athletes!
Drew with his finishing medal.
Noah with his finishing medal.
Drew receiving his 1st Place tile for the entire kids race. Yes, you heard right!
Here's the proof. His friend Cooper got Best Overall time for the kids and Drew got first, which is kind of like second if that makes any sense. I was so incredibly proud of him. He did so fantastic!! Next year will be a lot tougher for him because he will move up into the 11-14 year old division so the course will be longer and the competition older. So I was very happy he got the chance to place so high this year!
The Quincy Multisport Club!! I don't know where Drew was wandering around at but he didnt' make the picture. Our club was well represented in the race that day.
A bunch of the club members went out to eat at Cutters that night to celebrate. The kiddos were all sitting at another table. It was a good time!


7 comments:

Cindy said...

WOW...GREAT JOB BOYS!!! I asked DRew how the race went that night at the picnic,and he just said very blandly, 'ok' I figured he didn't do as well as he'd hoped to, so I let it drop...but FIRST PLACE...Good for him. And just doing this race is a major accomplishment, so way to go Noah..they both look very proud of their medals. I sure hope Todd gets to feeling better soon...let me know how the MRI goes.

Mom said...

Those were great pictures-my grandsons did fantastic! Way to go Drew and Noah. Such a great feat...even just to finish. Hope next year I can see them instead of shopping, and cooking and cleaning and......

Controlling My Chaos said...

I'm so impressed that your whole family is involved in a triathalon. You are setting such a good example for them.

Jessica said...

Go Drew!!

And way to go Noah!!

I'm so proud of you guys....you are rock stars!

Sorry that you're still hurting Todd - hope you feel better soon!

Beth said...

I am so proud of the two boys! Wish Todd could have finished. I can only imagine how ticked he was to have to stop.

Let us know how his MRI goes.

Kat said...

WOW!!!!! How awesome is that??? That is seriously just the coolest. :)

LANE said...

Ticka-Ticka-Todd Klauser!

Sorry about the race man. There is nothing worse than being mentally prepared to race but physically restricted. You'll get better, these are all part of the little tests we must go through, the miles of trials and trials of miles.

Always good to see you, congrats to the boys!