Thursday, April 10, 2008

These things happen in 3's.........

I'm giddy, delirious, crazy, insane, I'm not sure what. Who would have thought my day would start like crap once again.....all before 6:30am??? I think I may have mentioned back when we were remodeling our kitchen that we discovered a roof leak when we had the walls torn down. We were feeling so lucky that we discovered it THEN instead of after we had installed new walls and cabinets. We gave it a temporary "fix" since it was the dead of winter with the plans of fixing it when it got warmer. Guess what?? It wasn't good enough. (insert half crazy laugh here) All of this crazy rain is leaking through our roof, down the inside of our walls and coming out of the ceiling in our basement. I am sitting here typing as I listen to the drip, drip, drip sound of water hitting the bucket. Bless my hubby's heart, he was almost late for work so he could crawl around up in the attic to put buckets to catch the water until he came home. I don't even want to know what it will take to fix this or the cost.
I promise next time I blog I will have something witty to say, a cute picture, a heartwarming story.....something better than the whining and complaining I've done the past couple of days. This nasty weather, unending sickness, and other crap is getting to me. UGH. Todd is doing a half marathon this saturday and I am doing a 5K. The weather forecast??? A high in the upper 30's with a chance of flurries. For real??? It's the middle of April Mother Nature!!!

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Never apologize for needing to vent my dear. Just let it out. Let it all out!! :)

Kellan said...

I'm sorry for the roof leak - there is nothing worse than unwanted water in your house - I'm sorry that happened. Don't apologize for venting - I just hope tomorrow is better for you - really!! Take care - Kellan