Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm Freaking Out Here

Yesterday's post was meant to be sort of funny. My day wasnt bad, just a little frustrating in the beginning. Today is not starting out well. (thank goodness I didn't waste time on a to-do list!). It all began with cuddling in bed with Aiden this morning. He tells me he's going to "choke". His word for puke. He then proceeds to puke chocolate milk all over himself and my bed. Remember those sheets I changed and washed yesterday because of his bloody nose? Yep, I'm washing them again today. Kid got another bubble bath this morning. What the hell?? He can't be sick, nobody else is allowed to get sick. He's had rotavirus twice this winter. ENOUGH!! I'm done!!! Luckily he's running around like a monkey and seems to be just fine. We'll see.
Then I see an ambulance pull in the driveway across the street. The thing is, it didn't have it's lights or sirens on. That really scares me. The lady that lives there is about 92 and lives on her own but I see her daughter and grandson there. I'm freaking out that she passed away and trying to figure out other reasons why the ambulance would come without lights and sirens. She's such a sweet lady and so good to my boys. She's always doing something for them at every holiday and just loves when we come over to visit. The boys hadn't left for school yet so Drew was worried too, my sweet sensitive one. So I'm watching for them to bring her out on the stretcher when I remember that I left Noah's cup of milk on the counter. Crap, I run in the kitchen but I'm too late. The cat had helped himself to some and had spilled it all over the kitchen counter in the process. There are milky paw prints on my bar stools, the counter and the kitchen floor and the milk had gotten all over the paper and a puzzle sitting there. I get it all cleaned up, run back into the living room and see that they had just put her in the ambulance so I wasn't able to get a look at what was going on. Darn. They left and her family followed soon after. I hope I see someone over there today once I'm dressed and presentable so I can go see if she's ok. I'm worried. All of this, and it's only 8:45am. I can't wait to see what the rest of my day is like! :)

7 comments:

Abbie said...

Oh my dear lady. You are going to have the CLEANEST sheets on the planet!! hahah It will get better!!

Melissa said...

Oh sorry. Hope that is gets better. Sounds like you need a nice relaxing bath

Anonymous said...

Nothing worse than 2 days starting off like this....hope all ends better for you. At least you will enjoy clean sheets at bed several nights in a row!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry too much about the ambulance thing Kelly. About half our calls do NOT meet protocol for light/sirens(10-33) When a call comes in to the 911 center, it depends on what the caller tells the dispatcher as to whether that call will go out 10-33 so my guess is this morning your neighbor was not in any danger. HOWEVER I would worry that she is 92 if I were you....at that age you could 'go' at any time I'd expect.

I think you may have the puke record of the world in your house....and CHOCOLATE milk...ick.

You also may have the record for the cleanest sheets.

Hope the day is looking up!

Kellan said...

Oh My - Sorry things aren't going well - hope things turn around quickly! Take care and I'll see you soon - Kellan

dianna said...

I'm saying a prayer for your Aiden, your neighbor, and your overworked washing machine*!*...

...and you too so you stay sane! ;)

Kat said...

Oh no! What a morning you've had already! I'm so sorry!
I hope everything is okay with your neighbor. The lights and sirens off isn't a great sign. Hope it all turns out okay.