Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Proud Moments

My boys always make me proud......Drew and Noah gave me a couple of more reasons last week.
For Catholic Schools Week the 5th and 6th grades had a poster contest with the theme having to do with Catholic Schools being A+. Guess who got 1st place? Drew! Here's a picture of his poster hanging up in the hall at school. He did an amazing job. My children did NOT get their drawing skills from me. I struggle with stick people.
(if you can't read it, click on the picture and it will blow it up)

Then on Friday was the school spelling bee. Each individual class had a spelling bee and the top 2 spellers from each grade would go on to the school spelling bee. I was so excited when I heard that both Noah AND Drew would get to participate. The kids participating ranged in ages from 3rd grade through 8th grade. It was Noah's first year to be old enough to participate. I thought he might be a little nervous but he seemed right at home up there. Of course I was sitting in my seat nervous enough for both boys. Each time they got up to spell a word, I felt sick to my stomach. I didn't want one brother to get upset by being beat by another, I didn't want either one of them to get out early on and be disappointed.

I worried for nothing. Drew got 2nd place and my little ole 3rd grader, Noah got 3rd place. I was so proud of them and so excited! They were both happy with the outcome too, no hard feelings between brothers. Whew!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mom said...

Did Drew;s artistic ability come from the Klausers? I havent seen any here. So proud of both boys and their spelling talent(I know that didnt come from Todd-sorry Todd)...Blake next- Spelling Bee thurs

Aunt Cindy said...

Awesome poster...what an amazing job he did...very detailed. No wonder he took FIRST. Maybe Adam could hire him, he sure needs some help at work. Think you could stand your son moving to NYC? Also great job on the Spelling Bee...I can well imagine your nervousness..mom's always feel like that. Glad you had no cause for concern. Way to Go Klauser Boys.

Beth said...

Awe! They both look so nervous! I just want to hug them:) Great job boys!!!