Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Party of the Year

Drew made this invitation, unbeknownst to us, put a stamp on it, and mailed it to us. I am so excited for this party, it will be the party of the year!


In case it's hard to read, it says
"Your invited to a Christmas party in the basement on December 27, 2008 at 2:00 to 3:30.
PS Don't be in the basement from 1:00 to 2:00."

How can we NOT attend?? Too sweet.


He already has games and an adorable craft planned, as well as a screening of The Polar Express with cookies and hot chocolate. He's been making hand made decorations and he asked if I could help him a bit set things up. He'd like to make this a tradition every year. Noah already called dibs on planning next years' party and Drew was okay with that. Here' s the funniest part......Drew said on Christmas morning we should only open the Santa gifts and save all of our gifts to and from each other for his party on the 27th. I laughed like a crazy woman. Who wants to place bets on whether my boys will actually be able to make it 2 more days before they open their gifts???
*****************
If you read my screamin' banshee post below......see my update! :)

10 comments:

Jerilyn Dufresne, author said...

You and Todd have sure done something right. Your kids are so thoughtful. Sounds like a great party.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, and it will be the party of the year....but I doubt there are any presents to open unless you save one back and they don't know about it. Have fun....Clever Drew

Anonymous said...

Drew has always come up with such thoughtful ideas..I am sure this will be the event to remember in 2008..and to keep the celebration going from the 24th through the 27th!

Beth said...

How cute is that????

Controlling My Chaos said...

I love that party invite. He is so dang sweet. Congrats on winning your eBay banshee!

OHmommy said...

What a cute party invite! You guys are so cute!

CFC Flames '04 said...

Wow, you've been busy! I've been going crazy trying to get my mom down here for Christmas with all the crazy weather IL has! Anyway, she should be here in a few hours now so maybe I can keep up with the blogging world again! I always enjoy reading your blog so very much and this time it was really nice since I had so much to catch up on! Thanks for making my day. :)

Amy said...

That is way too adorable! I want to come..I love Polar Express..and cookies..and hot chocolate...:-)

Sandra Carvalho said...

OMG!Isn't he a sweet or what??
I love the party idea!
Bless his heart! :)
Merry Christmas my dear friend!
I wish the best in this world to you and to your lovely family!
Hope Santa brings you all you've asked for.
Love,
~Sandra~

dianna said...

That Drew is amazing~I'm d*mn proud of him and he isn't even my kid*!* (ADD alert: I just had a flashback to when you told me you were pg with him...I'm crying....what a goob I am!)

Glad you found your screaming banshee :)