Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas at the Boat Club

Sunday was the annual Christmas party at the Boat Club that we always go to with Todd's parents. There are always games, crafts, face painting, balloon animals, etc. But of course the best part is Santa driving up on his boat. Aiden was just enamored by that. He is still talking about Santa on a boat. He also thinks Santa is his best friend now too. There were probably 40-50 kids there and Aiden was running up showing Santa his balloon snowman. When it was time for presents, they called one of the kids' names and Aiden ran up and climbed in his lap too. Needless to say, when it was Aiden's turn, he was all too happy to visit with his pal.

Noah about broke my heart. When Santa came in he asked if it was the real one. I said it looked like it to me. In a sad voice he says, "It doesn't look like the one that came to Grandma and Grandpa's the other night, I guess he was just somebody dressed up" I said, "No, he really was the real one" And in my eyes he was, you couldn't get more real than him. Noah was fine with it afterwards.



I need a better picture of Drew. He was already turning to get up when I snapped this. I'll have to replace it with one from Grandpa Ken. Amazingly, Drew didn't question Santa at all that day.

We finished off the night with a trip through the Avenue of Lights. It's even prettier seeing all the lights against the snow.

***********************

Aiden and I were at the mall yesterday running errands and when we walked by the place where Santa was, he stopped to look at the animated elves. Santa wasn't busy and came over to talk to Aiden. You should have seen his face. He also said to Santa, "Santa, you on a boat. You 'member?" I "reminded" Santa about the boat club Sunday and he played along. He also gave Aiden a high five and a sucker. When we went into Sears after that, he kept talking about Santa. I said "You and Santa must be buddies". Aiden replied "Yeah, he my buddy". As we passed by again on our way out of the mall Santa shouts "Bye Aiden". Yep, Aiden thought he was big stuff.

2 comments:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

This post melted my heart.

I was feeling way scroogie until now.

Anonymous said...

I'd never imagine that Aiden would even want to get close to Santa, let alone be his best buddy...but the stories are wonderful, and I am glad he has made such good memories of the jolly old elf this year. As for Noah, he is just too smart for his own good. The 'real' santa at Grandpa spoiled him, but glad to know he figured out that the 'helper' Santa's have their place too. 4 more nights.....the excitement is building.