Saturday, January 15, 2011

Random Thoughts

You have GOT to be kidding me. I just typed up a whole blog post, hit 'publish', and got some wierd error message. It said to hit 'back' and try again. Yeah, I did that and there was nothing there but my title! What??? I have to start over? Heck, I don't even remember what all I said anymore, that's why I titled it Random Thoughts. Here goes nothing.

Aiden started indoor soccer last week. They spend about a half an hour doing various drills teaching them the basics of soccer. Aiden hangs on the coachs' every work and does everything he says. It is so stinkin' cute to see him standing there with his one foot up on the ball. Then they split up the last 15 minutes and scrimmage. Aiden scored a goal last week and he scored 3 today!!! He's a speedy little devil and has got some good moves. I almost feel bad for some of the little 3 year olds. We may have another soccer star on our hands.

So, the phone rings and it's 911 calling us to see if we are ok or if we really have an emergency. Todd asked the boys if anyone had been on the phone and Drew said he didn't see anyone on the phone. (The 3 boys had been playing downstairs). Todd apologized and hung up. Aiden then admitted that he called by singing "I called 911...." I don't remember how the lyrics go to that song but hearing him singing that made me go from being mortified and embarrassed to laughing my butt off. Seriously, there has to be a parenting book out there somewhere that applies to Aiden. I'm completely clueless on how to parent him anymore. Nothing works with him. I remember when he was 2 and we jokingly talked about having a velcro wall to stick him too just to keep him out of trouble. I think we need to revisit that.

Noahs' room turned out so cute!! I just love all the added touches we gave it. It had been 10 years since the boys' rooms had been painted so it was time. After hitting a few snags with the project (and kind of expensive ones at that, why am I not surprised?) we decided to take a few weeks off before tackling Aidens' room. I'm ok with that. Seeing as how we had planned on doing the boys' rooms last summer, it's obvious we don't always stick with our plans. :)

Noah is down to just a cough, Drew was still running a fever and had a headache today, and then tonight, just when I thought we were heading to a good spot, Aiden started complaining that his head hurt really bad and he didn't feel good. I gave him Tylenol and he promptly fell asleep, even with the lights and TV on. NOT a good sign. We all know Aiden is never motionless unless he doesn't feel well. I hope it's not a long night.

I'm ready to bury into my bed myself. Between taking care of what seems like a neverending week of sick kids, doing a bedroom remodel and tackling other projects around the house (because I love to overextend myself), working on volunteer stuff for school, and worry, worry, worry...........I'm just plain exhausted. Here's to a MUCH better week ahead!!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I hope today all the boys woke up WELL.....you had me chucking with this blog, and the Aiden comments. We all know John calls him the Tazmanian Devil-constant motion and always something new. I love the 911 call-what kid has not tried that? I LOVE Noah's room-you have such a creative mind. So good luck on all getting well-I hope to see all for supper tomorrow

Kat said...

We've had such little sickos here too lately. I am so done with winter. Let's just skip over spring and go right to summer! :)

Blogger has been giving me some real problems lately. It has erased a couple of my posts before too. Makes me so mad!

At least Aiden fessed up and told you the truth later. That has to count for something! :)