Saturday, July 5, 2008

The 4th

We had a wonderful 4th of July. We headed over to my Aunt Janet and Uncle Tim's house. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. I think it may have been one of the coolest 4th's that I can remember. They have a huge wraparound porch and we sat outside and ate and talked. Todd took the boys swimming in the lake with cousin Sarah and Matt and the boys. The water is so beautiful. We just relaxed, ate and enjoyed ourselves. When it got darker, the kids did sparklers and then my dad and cousin Jordan shot off all of the fireworks that we all chipped in and bought. It was quite a show!!!


Here's Noah getting ready to rinse off. He had come up on the beach and covered himself in sand. I called him Sand Monster.

Drew enjoying a Dilly Bar and a Sparkler. Aiden and his first sparkler ( I think) He was probably too young last year. Who knows, my memory sucks most days.
We all thought this was a hummingbird at first because we had seen some earlier in the evening. But apparently this is some kind of mutant moth. Ever see the movie The Mothman Prophecies?? Creepy stuff.
Noah laying on the blanket, enjoying the fireworks.
Todd and Aiden's Self Portrait. They were laying on the blanket together watching the fireworks.
One of the cool fireworks.
Noah and I were cuddling and watching the fireworks. I told him we should thank Grandpa John and Cousin Jordan for lighting the fireworks for us to watch because it was kind of a dangerous job. Noah said "I think they did it because they love us so much."


A couple of videos of the fireworks.


5 comments:

Kellan said...

So glad you had a good 4th. I loved the mutant moth story - ACK!

Have a good rest of the weekend - Kellan

Sandra Carvalho said...

Oh wow!It looks like you guys had a blast!Good for you!
I loved the pics and videos!
Take care
x

CFC Flames '04 said...

What great pictures! Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Always good pictures of the boys Kelly. We had a good time spending time with you the other night and watching vacation movies too. Uncle Joe and I may never have grandkids so Great-Nephews (and niece) are always going to be the next best thing for us. It's just hard to believe they are growning up so fast.

Anonymous said...

It was a fun evening. I love watching the fireworks-just worry with the danger of them....and John and Jordan being in charge!!!!Glad the heat we have now was not here on the 4th!