Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy 12th Birthday Drew!





12! Your last year before you become a teenager. It's so hard to believe how fast the time has flown but at the same time, I sometimes have a hard time remembering when you were little. I pulled out all of these wallet sized pictures today from your first 2 years of life. You were such a beautiful baby! I still think you are beautiful but we'll just say "handsome" instead, ok?? I know you think the angel wings are cheesy, and I have to agree, but at the time it just seemed perfect.....and look at that sweet little face. The other day I was thinking about the song your Dad made up for you when you were a baby. Anytime we sang it to you, you'd calm down.

"He's just the cutest little baby in the whole wide world

And he belongs to me.

His name is Andrew, Andrew the Cuddlebug.

Andrew's my Sweetpea.

He's Andrew Todd Klauser"

I'll never forget that song


(top left and bottow two-Drew at 3 months, top right-Drew at 6 months)

(from left to right--1 year, 18 months, 2 years)
(18 months)


(almost 12!)


(Valentine's Day)


The next picture I will post will be of you and your Birthday Buddy! Cousin Luke was born this morning weighing 9lbs 5 oz. I know you two will have a special bond and you will always look out for your little cuz.

You're an amazing kid that never ceases to amaze me. You are everything I had hoped you would be an even more, you make me so proud. I love you Drewdles.

4 comments:

Kat said...

Awww. So sweet it just chokes me up. That first baby. Now twelve. Dear me, I'm gonna bawl.

And I can't see the pictures for some reason. Boo! I'm gonna have to come back later. I'm having problems with my computer lately.

We are really looking forward to you coming up this summer too! We just went to the indoor waterpark at the resort you are staying at. The kids just LOVE it there. We had a blast. :)

Happy Birthday to your dear Drew! :)

Grandma Paulette said...

12...unbelievable. I know it was just yesterday we were waiting and waiting for you to be born. I thought your dad would never come to the waiting room and say "he's here!" I have loved all the time I got to share with you when your mom was at work-such fun watching you grow. Happy 12th Drew with many many more fun years to go!

Kat said...

Oh my gosh!!!! So handsome! I love looking back at baby pictures. And what a happy little man. So sweet! I'm so glad I came back to look at the pics. :)

Aunt Cindy said...

My sweet special Godson....it has literally been 0 to 12 in what feels like seconds. I loved watching you grow and change through the pictures posted...so cute, but the best thing about you is your big heart...always thinking of others before yourself is such a wonderful trait and your kindness is amazing in a young man. I love you Drew and my life has been blessed from the second I opened that blanket to check out my great nephew and got the note of a lifetime....will you be my Godmother? Still makes me cry happy tears. Love you Drew, then, now, and forever. Happy Birthday and enjoy that exciting gift you got in Luke!!