Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Our Thanksgiving "Turkey"

Aiden's Kindergarten class and the 4 year old preschool class had a Thanksgiving Feast at school today. The kids could dress as Indians or Pilgrims and could each bring a finger food of some sort to share. My husband loves to come up with all of these crazy ideas and usually can make them work. Todd and Aiden decided to make a "turkey" out of rice krispie treats, using cocoa krispies to give it the browned, right out of the oven look. :)

It turned out amazingly well. I just laugh every time I look at those little turkey wings. I think it creeped a few of the kids out though. I'm not sure they really got that it was a giant rice krispie treat. But it was certainly a hit!! I have a feeling he will need to make this every year now.

I had the honor of getting to "carve" it at school today. I think I needed something more than a pie cutter on it though. It was so tasty and Aiden was so proud of the treat that he and his daddy made together.
Happy Thanksgiving!


4 comments:

Mom said...

love it-but will remember in the future when we are asked over for a turkey dinner....which turkey we will be eating!

Nicole said...

That turkey is amazing!!! My kids would have LOVED that. Thank you SO MUCH for your comment. You said a lot of things I needed to hear. Thankfully I started going through anxiety too at about her age. I say thankfully because I feel like I can understand what she is going through more - it's awful. Sometimes I feel like that little spark in her is gone and I don't know how to get it back. I don't think my poor mom even knew what anxiety was - but she tried her best. Thank you so much again. And by the way - you have a beautiful family! Three boys - aren't they the best!

Kat said...

Ha! That's awesome! And what a great idea! Very creative. :)

Hope you and your beautiful family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Cindy said...

LOVE THIS>>> What kid would not feel super cool bring this tasty treat to school? I pulled it up on facebook and showed it to my whole family today too...everyone thought it looked real too. Love the creativeness...way to go Todd and Aiden